Saturday, November 25, 2006

Prodigy - Fillmore 11-24-06

So I got free tickets to go see Prodigy at the Fillmore. Since my parents were in town and we were gonna grab dinner with my brother on his lunch hour I made sure to check what time the show was. 9 pm doors. Figured, ok, Prodigy won't play till 1030 or so. So I ate dinner and had some drinks with my parents, then picked up Tiffany and headed to the Fillmore. We get there at 1030 and to my surprise, Prodigy is already fully into their set. I mean come on...what headlining band goes on before 1030. But whatever. So we tried to grab a drink, but alas they don't take cards after the headliner starts at the Fillmore because there is a minimum. Although I could have easily hit any minimum because beers are $5, but hey, the Fillmore just takes less of mine and Tiffany's money.

So back to Prodigy. I enjoy some of their music and have always heard they put on a great live show. So I settled in and watched. Not being one of their fan boys, I never had realized that for the most part, only Keith or Maxim present on stage during a song. This semi-confused me, but alas was overcome after I was watching them go crazy and the crowd eat up every minute of it. Maxim was all over the place, through the crowd and standing on the sound board podium. Plus they had one of the craziest light shows I've ever witnessed at a show. Although we didn't get to hear their whole set, the highlights for me were Smack My Bitch Up and Dead Ken Beats. Dead Ken Beats is a new song which samples California Uber Alles and is pretty good.

Like I said before the crowd was really into it and it was fun to watch people go nuts for this band. There was even a girl with glowsticks doing the orb. I really wish they wouldn't have started so early so that I could have seen the whole set, but what are you going to do. Gotta send props out to Productshop NYC for the free tickets and a good show. For me, I definitely was not let down to the reviews that I had read and been told of a Prodigy show. Thier new material sounds great and when it finally is released should be a good electronic cd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home